Monday

Something true

I’ll give you something true
To put your arms around
these things are always better heard
When we don’t make a sound
This is where I am
With doubts for you
No self assurance
I float through days with only questions
to hang up in my closets
Its soft, the way I feel
My insides turn to cotton
Whenever you appear – and then when you're forgotten
where is the peace? this storm is in the cycle
That spins my head, then comes to sudden stop
And if you ask me who I am
I’ll draw you out a circle
the never ending line
that guards the space within
I’ll give you something true
So hazy nights can be a little clearer
And lazy days not as alone
be patient with me, you are with me
until the storm has come and gone
and when the smoke filled rooms
where we once shared confessions
no longer hide our words in secrecy of walls
we will move on, from everything that wasnt
to find again, the peace we had before

No comments:

Post a Comment